Our renovation projects tend to be a complete overhaul of existing homes, adding all the latest technologies and leaving clients with a turnkey energy efficient new home.
Renovations are generally carried out on older buildings which do not meet current building regulations. Problems associated with older buildings would be rising damp, condensation, wet and dry rot and woodworm. These problems can be solved by:
- Chemically damp proofing all rising walls
- Removing all existing plaster off walls back to original brick
- Ventilation of all rooms and attic spaces
- Removing all timber which has been affected by wet and dry rot
- Insulating all floors, walls and ceilings whilst maintaining appropriate ventilation
Once these problems are identified and solved, renovations then become similar to new